Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mmmmmmm


I don't want to write about food too often here, don't get me wrong, i LOVE food but i feel like there are a lot of people out there with better instagram skills and more appropriate language to be able to write about food. My reviews tend to be just sounds of drool hitting my desk or the sound of my stomach rumbling.

I do however HAVE to review two dishes i've had recently that need to be shared;

The first was todays lunch over at one of my work faves Cavallero. I've only eaten there a handful of times, their baked eggs in the morning are amazing, as is their coffee and most wines which is what i tend to stick to. Today however i had to try one of their famed sandwiches. Now it was a hard decision between the 'collingwood meatball' sub, the schnitzel and coleslaw sandwich however in the end I went for the Reuben. Now I love a good corned beef on rye, in fact this is what turned my from 7 years as a vegetarian into a full blown meat eater (later that year whilst spending christmas with my family in Greece i even at turkey brains.......). The Sandwich was DE-lish, amazing actually, well, i'm pretty sure the image speaks for itself!


The second dish was at The Newmarket, the south side flavour of the month that has drawn me in a number of times. Recently was the first time i'd sampled the dessert and Oh my god, the chocolate tart with Kahlua ice cream and toffee shards is as ridiculous as it sounds.

**I apologise for the quality of this image, i think I was too excited to eat!

So there is my culinary advice for the weekend, no doubt there will be the odd one in the future but i'll probably get distracted by clothes!!


No comments:

Post a Comment